Friday, February 21, 2020

Here's One For the Books: Trying to Make It to #NCTEAR20 in Nashville and Ready for the Adventure

By the time you read this, I'll be on the I-95 in hopes that traffic isn't as bad as I anticipate it to be. I'm leaving super early for a late morning flight, simply because I never trust Laguardia, and lord knows the universe is heading in that direction at that time of day.

I anticipated the headache. I already practiced by having one at 2 a.m. on Wednesday night which paralyzed me in my bed and kept me grounded for most of Thursday (so much so that I had to cancel professional development plans I love to do). It was a miserable morning followed by some progress by afternoon.

It was a day of liquids. Many liquids. Flood the body liquids.

Today, however, I'm heading to NCTEAR in Nashville to work with Jarred Amato, Keith Newvine, and Sara Fleming. On the docket, too, is a special Improv performance with Kevin Leander and his local group (scared to death about this, but looking forward to having some fun).

It will also be a weekend of seeing many friends (who I know are already there). Traveling from here to there over the last few years has not been fun, so I'm loaded up with books just in case anything happens, as it tends to do.

Meanwhile, Glamis the Wonder Dog sniffed out the suitcase even before I thought about packing it. Dogs just know, and they let you know how much they hate when you travel.

Okay...time to post. Here comes the traffic of NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment