Saturday, February 15, 2020

Shouting Out To Jerry Simeon at Fade Factory, Stratford - One of the Best Finds in Connecticut for the Mt. Pleasant Household

I have to admit (and I owe this to Abu and Lossine) that having the right barber to give the right cut on the right day is always fodder for awesome. Ali, Abu, Lossine, Kanyea, Chitunga, Edem, Akbar and Robel all benefit from the clippers, precision, love, and care that happens at Fade Factory in Sratford.

I know, too, the Wooley-Sealey-Johnsons, also benefit: David, Isaiah, Justin, Ishmael and Dee. I can always tell when it is barber day for them, because when I see them they are strutting with a little more pride, a little more oomph, and a whole lot of class. Jerry knows what he's doing.

And I remember the first time Abu sat in the barber chair instructing Jerry on the cut he thought I should have (inspired, most likely, from S. American and European soccer players). I was doubtful at first, but now I admit that coming out of Fade Factory on fresh cut days is my favorite day of the month. It's probably vain and obnoxious, but I can't help but instantly send a photo out to the boys to say, "fresh cut...feels good."

If you have not read Crown by Derrick Barnes (author) and Gordon C. James (illustrator), I recommend you do. If the boys didn't introduce me to the craftsmanship and skill-set of barbers like Jerry Craft, I probably would have zero context for an award-winning book like Crown. Once a month, I leave the barber feeling like a king. Yes, I'm an ethnic mutt with bloodlines all throughout Europe, Russia, and the Baltic Sea, but the appreciation to be crowned once a month by an artist barber is 100% appreciated. Gone are the days of Cost Cutter and Bargain Harold Haircuts. I'm a convert, loyalist, and tremendous fan.

Happy Saturday, World. I power-housed a day in the office at Fairfield yesterday and am likely to do the same, today, from home. I have my agenda and I know I will meet the deadlines I've set for myself.

In the meantime, I'm going to take advantage of 1 day of 30 for loving the cut of my hair. Day 2 may be okay, and Day 3 iffy, but I know whenever I leave Jerry's Fade Factory I'll at least have 24 hours of looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment