Saturday, February 29, 2020

It's the Weekend Pho-Real, and I Know I'm in Pho Geeking Out, Big Time.

Although I spent my day in the office doing CWP work, I came home to get Edem for dinner before the Fairfield / Quinnipiac game. Aidas only has/had two home games left as a senior (Sunday will be his last). I want to be there to support him.

Before the game, we took 2020 MLK Student Vision Awardee, Luckario Alcide, out to dinner and he picked Vietnamese which was perfect for me. It's been a long while since I've eaten such delicious food. I got summer rolls and Pho, and every bite and slurp was delicious. I couldn't finish it all, even if I did try.

The game turned out to be a good one, too. It didn't start out that way, because both teams were sloppy - Fairfield much sloppier, but they tightened up in the second half and then it got close. Fairfield took over and then, at a last second buzzer shot, Quinnipiac landeda 3-pointer. It was a tough loss, but you have to give credit to such a split-second miracle when it goes in. You can't help but respect the game at that point.

Ah, but Saturday morning is here. I'm likely to have a sweat-pants, grading, college-basketball-kind- of day. I need to be in ram mode for courses on Monday and Tuesday, because I am jam packed with obligations and meetings from sunrise until sundown on both days. That is why I need to be Uber-planned before the work-week begins.

Plus I need to catch up. I'm way behind.

Pho-real, Pho-real. So good. Perfect broth and I know exactly where I'll take Sue McV if she ever gets to CT to visit.

Yum.

I've found myself a new location.

No comments:

Post a Comment