Wednesday, February 26, 2020

You Can Judge Me. You Can Shrug Your Shoulders. You Can Laugh. But I Win. I Treated Myself To a Chipotle Burrito.

I drove home from teaching last night feeling like I was sliding into home plate. I haven't had a second to unwind since my birthday (caused the headache last week, too) and that is why the drive home last night was thrilling. I knew I could come home and simply be...without the pressure of having to be even more in the morning.

That is why I stopped at Chipotles for a chicken burrito (Edem wanted steak...no cheese...no sour cream - how do you deny yourself cheese? The sour cream...that's a no brainer. Nope). I wanted to celebrate the fact that I didn't need to be up until 11 p.m. continuing the day to get ready for tomorrow.

Instead, I came home, watched two of my favorite people: Dr. Detra Price and Dr. Nicole Mirra receive awards from the Initiative for 21st Century Literacies online. I ate my burrito in peace, poured myself a drink, and settled into This Is Us.

I didn't need to create, plan, edit, revise, or write. I could simply absorb.

My mind and stomach loved every second of it.

Yes, I think Chipotle is overpriced, but I have to say they've mastered a good flavor for a quick meal. It put a smile on my face and that matters a lot. So good. Such happiness

And today, I can go to the University without back-to-back meetings, classes, and other demands. I simply can go in, clean a little, and work on the project I've been wanting to work on for a while.

Nerd. Happy nerd. Well-fed nerd because of Chipotle. Very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment