Sunday, February 16, 2020

Starting 48 Feeling Great - I Couldn't Be a Happier Frog-Man. I'm Thankful For The Life I Live

A book chapter submitted, a six-mile run, an afternoon hike with friends, drinks, dinner, frog cup-cakes, a round of Kiss the Frog (like Pin the Tail on the Donkey, but it's put the lips on the frog), Alexa and Scary Pockets, and laughter. That's what makes for a great birthday.

While I was out running, the post office dropped off a package, so when I returned, there was a styrofoam container on my front steps. It didn't say who it was from, but it was this coffee mug of my frog painting in my office. It turned out to be my baby sister and it is most definitely my favorite gift of the season. It's been wonderful sipping from him this morning.

My older sister also sent a frog and he is now hovering next to a toddler picture of Chitunga and a few Grannie Annie butterflies looking over the kitchen table. Apparently he has a brother, but it was sent to Cynderballs in Cicero.

It seems the Frogster has resurrected in Stratford, Connecticut, and my alter ego will be with me for life. My house is loaded with frogs and, to be honest, I kind of like the company they keep. Every corner I turn, there they are.

It's not easy being green.

Today is President's Day and the University is closed down, but then decided to announce it would be open for classes and students. Strange. Long story short, I followed the original schedule so my hard-working, teaching, graduate students (who are on holiday this week, too) are given the night off. I'm not making them come in because of a calendar mishap.

Tuesday, I'm not so kind, however. We have class.

Although no one could find the cherry chip cake mix available at Target and Walmart for my birthday cake and/or cupcakes, Pam was able to make cherry/chocolate chip mix in yellow cake, with a cherry, whip cream/sour cream frosting. They were delicious and the cupcakes matched the kiss-the frog game.

Mae Mae was visiting Jake, so Glamis was extra happy to have extra canine play-time. As usual, the Facebook birthday postings were overwhelming, but I took pleasure in feeling the love, joy, and memories.

I need to be proactive today, however, with starting on another writing project, and I believe Michael is coming in from Philly for a short visit. Additionally, several teachers are stopping by to say hello - ones I really love and need to see.

Phew. I ate too much: grilled vegetables, Mac n Cheese, Crandall special, hummus, Guac, BBQ Bean dip, chips, and of course tequila.

I over indulged, but that is what it is all about. I will run a couple extra miles today.

Thanks everyone for the love and wishes. I truly appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment