Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The Pigs are Flying, At Least on My Feet, And That Is All That Matters. I Know Everything Is Possible

Yesterday, I wrote with curiosity on whether or not a particular activity would work. The evening occurred. It worked, and it was wonderful. Once again, I was mesmerized by the power of students to make meaning from the incredible texts that they chose to read. It was two minutes into the class when I realized...

Yes, pigs fly. Everything is possible when you believe in it.

I'm very thankful for my socks given to me by Shirley Klein for my birthday. Who wouldn't love flying bigs in the air with jetliners? They will now be the socks I wear whenever I need to prove the naysayers long. I will wear them for conference with youth, for workshops with teachers and writers, and whenever I know today I will need to pull up my pant leg to say, "Pigs fly. I know, because I wear them."

I'm heading to two days of professional development in Redding, CT, and will be away from my office as a result. It's two days of the year that are my favorite, but I'm always nervous about starting my day at 7 a.m. - I think, how did I do this for over a decade? I can't get my brain work until 8:00 a.m. after numerous cups of coffee, but this morning, I'll already be in with 60-minutes of work.

With this noted, I need to leave. So, early post this morning. Have a great hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment