Thursday, October 8, 2020

Any Mycologists Want to Name These Shrooms for Me? Snapped This on My Walk Last Night. Intriguing

Of course I thought it was dog vomit when I first walked by, but then I did a double-take. They were mushrooms, I do believe. I have no idea what kind, but let's hear it for Fungi. Woot Woot. 

Why did the Fungi leave my front porch? There wasn't mushroom!

Why did Leo want the mushroom at his party. Because he was a fungi.

Know what a mushroom car sounds like? shroom shroom!

What is the best mushroom to serve on planes? Airport-abela!

Want another mushroom joke? They might need a lil' time. Eventually they'll grow on you.

I probably should just stand up and get my mushroom books out, but it's been a while; they might be dusty.

And if I'm being honest, I didn't take this photo yesterday; I took it last week but never wrote about them. Because yesterday I worked from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m., I didn't have anything really interesting to report for today's blog, so I dug into my files and remembered I wanted to look these guys up, knowing I wouldn't unless I made a bigger deal about it.

I've narrowed it down to ascomycetes in my Simon & Shuster Guide to Mushrooms. They're cup-like so a sac-fungi. Now, there are 64,000 species and at this point I give up.

I'm throwing it to you my mushroom warriors! Name this find. Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment