Monday, October 19, 2020

Bridge Over Somewhat Calming Waters, but Worth the Hike (Albeit, a Challenge Unexpected)

I chose to hike to a different beach today, Walnut Beach in Milford, and was surprised the distance was the same as the one I've been doing to Short Beach in Stratford. I should have known it would be a bit wonky when I realized I downloaded a book I wanted to listen to, I German. That is what happens to Crandall without his glasses. I was thrilled that the trek was rather easy, with sidewalks, and was looking forward to crossing the bridge in Devon. Just as I got to it, however, the barriers went up (which never happens...only once in a blue moon). It was because three sailboats with tall sails were coming in to roost. 

And I had to wait. 

And wait.

Which caused my knees to cramp up and ache, despite the fact that I was stretching. I can only imagine the jokes in the cars behind me that were also stuck.

It was worth it though. After helping run errands with Pam, and hanging up her solar lights on the patio (again), we were able to walk to see the sun slightly before it was setting. That's always a win, and I never lose when looking out at the skyline and ocean.

I came home and Chitunga treated me to Chipotles once again - so delicious, and perfect for a Sunday night (although a burrito in the stomach makes me feel like I drank a keg of beer).

Ah, but it's Monday again. I did stay away from work all day Sunday, which always makes me feel guilty, although I read another book at night - which was on my agenda for the project I am working on (so I guess that is work).

So, we're off once again. Have a great work week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment