Sunday, October 18, 2020

I'll Take It. It's the Simpler Evenings (& Flashbacks) That Mean the Most (and I Know They Are Never Set to Be Forever)

This is actually from Friday night, because as I was writing on the front porch, Chitunga came downstairs to watch a documentary, and within minutes of listening to the voice-over, I was hooked and came out to see what he was watching. At that moment, Glamis was asleep on his chest and I realized, "Shit. Fewer are these  moments." When I got a photo, she moved down by his feet.

Moments of relaxation and chilling out are rare on Mt. Pleasant, but the parent in me loves every second of such moments when they happen. 

Boy and his dog. Watching t.v. - relaxing. Not necessarily normal in the adult life, and I totally understand anyone and all who post similar pictures at the chagrin of their kids. This is the very definition of bliss for me - they're relaxed, which causes me to relax, too.

Okay, weekend...not sure what's going on, but Saturday was like a Friday so I'm somewhat confused on where I am and what is going on. I do know, Sunday, I want to move a bit more, read another book, and finish 4-projects that I think should be easy to etch off my list.

Then again, I can save them for Monday, so I will see. 

In the meantime, I'm going to hold onto the more 'chill' moments in my house, because they don't happen too often. When they do - I love every second of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment