Monday, October 5, 2020

I Didn't Know There Was Such a Holiday, but Whereas I Am Not a Known Taco-Maker, I Submitted and Gave It a Shot. Tacos it Was.

Yesterday, September 4th, was National Taco Day. I count on one hand the number of times I've attempted to make tacos and I made the decision that I'd go for it after mowing the lawn, running, walking, vacuuming, mopping, and listening to more Scythe. I perused the fridge, sized up what I needed, and made arrangements. Tacos, both with chicken and vegetarian, were had.

I'm also new to the Guac game, but I've made it more often than tacos. I was overall impressed with the result of an evening dinner - not bad for something innovative (tacos? innovative? really?) on a Sunday, especially in celebration of a holiday I never knew existed. We have to get our weekends in as much as we possibly can, especially as the colder temperatures come our way. 

I'll be honest. I don't want another Monday. I want, instead, to continue hiking long distances so I can finish Neil Shusterman's first book of his trilogy. In explaining to others, I realize what a crazy man I sound like, but it really is invigorating. I love the book.

Okay, but it is Monday. My focus needs to shift on planning, organizing, writing, and implementing. I got ahead on several other items for the month so I can dig into the bigger stuff today I've wanted to pay attention to - and will. Yes, I am lured by the book, but I will use it as an award for accomplishing other tasks.

I am also hoping it is the last time of the season for a mowed lawn. We've been rather rainless this year, so most of the lawn is dried out already, and I've already cut back the perennials in anticipation for next Spring, when I will relocate and redesign the backyard. Ah, the winter months. Who knew they would come back to us so soon?

Blink. Blink. Blink. Middle age. It all goes too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment