Thursday, April 30, 2020

Man vs. Self. Well, Frog vs. Man. Okay. Frog vs. Frog = Self vs. Self. Thursday Self-Portrait

This is end-of-the-semester Crandall trying to impede on another variation of end-of-the-semster Crandall, ....at the end of the semester.

I am trying to hang on to all the crazy that just was at the same time I'm looking ahead to all the crazy scheduled to come.

This, of course, arrives with a publication due date, the publication of an article that I didn't think was coming out quite yet, and the video recordings to come over the next few weeks (a partnership between National Writing Project and Penguin Random House)

Uh, boys. I am not cooking. Fend for yourselves. Oh, You got me Chipotles? Can I tell you how much I love you? It's an epidemic? Oh, that's right. I kind of like not having to interact with people but in digital spaces...Wait...that's un-American. Oops. My bad. Yes. Yes! It will all return to normal. Yes, I want it to return to better, not normal. It's due when? What do you mean we need more lactose free milk? How fast do you drink that stuff? How many times do you think the bathtub really needs to be cleaned in a week? I think you have a fetish.

I'm on day 3 of the 12-hour ZOOM life and I am pretty much done. I can't see straight and have no idea what is going on. All I know is that I've been climbing upon myself to stay balanced, and at this point of the semester, I'm falling off the tree. It's all good. This too shall pass.

And all will be reborn anew. That's the way the cycle goes.

The April showers end today. Bring on the May flowers over the next month, okay?

Ribbit Ribbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment