Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Still Working From Home, Thankful for @reallyrosebrock, and Chalked One Up To the Sun - I Barbecued Outside

I was gifted this face-mask, bad-boy yesterday from the incredible, beautiful, inspiring, and hard-working Dr. Rose Brock, and I can't wait to wear it in public. It's the first facemark gifted to me, and I am extremely thankful. Chitunga, Edem, and I have been looking like that scene from A Christmas Story when we head out, all wrapped-up in scarves, hoodies, and gloves. We look more like we're about to have a snowball fight than 21st century Covid-19 warrior. This seems more official, and it has my favorite four-letter word in the English language.

HOPE. (I made it pink for Rose).

So thankful for Dr. Brock's Hope Nation. Her irreplaceable friendship over the last couple of years, especially as we themed last summer based on her book: The Superpower of Hope, means the world to me. I am blessed.

In the meantime, I was the world's worst employee yesterday and used the voices of 147 people in a general faculty meeting to make Animoji's that were too perfect and precious to keep to myself. I'd post, but that is totally unprofessional and inconsiderate. It is a lot of fun, though, to set Animoji's to faculty conversations. It makes it much more interesting.

And when the 3.5 hour meeting ended, and I wrote, and I graded, and I read, and I wrote, I went for a long run and then said, "Uck it. I'm cooking outside tonight. Too beautiful of a day," - which it was.

I used spices sent from my little sister for my birthday on burgers, put potato and onions in tinfoil on the grill, and steamed up some green beans on the stove. Without a doubt, it was absolutely delicious (I might say perfection, too, but no one joined me). I had to eat alone. 9 burgers made, and Chitunga was taking a final exam, Edem was working out at the soccer field, and my neighbors said they already ate. But I tried.

I ate, then did deliveries of two of the burgers, and returned upstairs to my office/bedroom and finished up evening projects.

Today is Wednesday, however, the first gray day of four gray days predicted in a row (and the only one not predicting rain). I'm glad I took advantage of the day, especially trying on the face-mask sent to me.

Tremendous love, right here.

I am extremely appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment