Wednesday, June 24, 2020

And the Evening Ended with Making Bitmojis with Mindy K! Yes, We Must Be Heading Toward Literacy Labs!

Mindy K's Bitmoji Mood
Orientation One was a success, with Mindy Khomvongsa teaching us these really cool locations to make cartoons of ourselves, which was an idea the Little Lab instructors had for one of the three themes they planned for summer when things kick off next week.

That was the last ZOOM call of the day, and after 13 hours of them, I can say I am seeing lights, stars, and flashes whenever I turn from the screen. Many of my graduate students have ordered special blue lenses - I think I need them, too.

I spent a large chunk of the day grading and finishing a guide for Penguin Random House (can't wait to see this book in the hands of adolescent readers). Joanna and I also met to get our Google classroom and files ready for the onslaught of upcoming labs. We are trying to cross all the t's and dot all the i's so that kids have a fantastic time learning with our stellar educators.

Meanwhile, I now have a front patio floor. They put the pine wood on yesterday and it looks great. It's been interesting to see how it goes day to day, that is when they are here to make progress.

Last 4-hour graduate course tonight. We got this. Of course I'm yawning, but it's what I have to tell myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment