Saturday, June 20, 2020

So Nice To Be Thanked For a Gift You Forgot All About Until Someone Says, "Thank You."

I promised myself I wouldn't spend another day behind a computer screen from sunrise to sundown, but that is exactly what I did (although barbershops opened back up, and I got in with Jerry at 7 p.m. - I like my tight cuts and long top...this Covid-19 hair thing has been a trip).

In the evening, I got a text from Stefania who said, "Dr. Crandall, I'm putting your bowls to use." A couple of summers ago, I put together a thank-you gift for all the hard work she did for CWP-Fairfield, all to match her love of pink and baby blue. I forgot I put bowls in the collection of items. "They were perfect for snacks at our first outside, social-distance gathering," she wrote.

The wine doesn't look bad either.

But Cheetohs? I still don't know who eats those. So gross.

And just like that, it is another Saturday morning. I wish I could get my body to crash and sleep more than six hours, but I'm usually up with a racing mind as soon as the sparrows start singing outside my window. I'm not good about falling back to sleep either. I would love love love to have a night of full, peaceful rest...the kind where I sleep 10 hours and wake up thinking, "Wow. That was rejuvenating."

Setting a goal for 4 hours of work, then kayaking the Sound during high tide. I wanted to do that last night, but when I looked at the calendar, I saw that low tide had already sent in (it's not as much fun or smooth when it is low tide).

Okay, weekend. Here's a shout out to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment