Sunday, August 9, 2020

I Guess I Can Claim I'm Officially Moving Towards Sabbatical Status...CWP Labs Ended, It's August, & Day One - The Sink

 Before and After.

For the last week, we've all been reporting water found on the floor and upon investigation, we learned that the faucet on the sink was slowly leaking down the back of the cabinet (and began a persistent drip). When we got inside (and it took us a few hours to unhook because of the rust) we learned that the faucet was definitely ready to go.

We got a new one, but guess what? No one has faucets designed with the water spout and a 2nd hole for the soap. They either come in three holes or one hole, but definitely not two.

Long story short, we opted for a one hole and plugged in the soap hole, with an idea that we might be able to drill a new soap hole in the marble down the road.

Of course, then we realized the dishwasher died. No, not me. The actual dishwasher. That's for another day, because Crandall's home repairs can't handle any more in 2020. The wallet is officially tapped. Everything I've saved is going into the windows and new front porch. The sink was a bonus for the week's surprise.

Meanwhile, I'm excited that I didn't have to pay someone to do the work, because that would have been extra stupid. Instead. We problem solved and figured it all out. I'm not as willing to take risks with electricity, though, so the dishwasher is off limits. It's not plugged in. Rather, it is directly wired to the back (which seems absolutely crazy to me.

The evening goal was to chill out and watch movies, which seemed rather lame for a Saturday night. I know it really sucks for the young ones right now because it isn't the usually weekend crazy that we're used to (update: no movie. Chitunga drank beers and smoked cigars, while we contemplated the universe). All the hook-up and party scenes are squashed so unless someone is having a social distanced soiree at home, it is absolutely isolation mode, which is extremely boring.

I really wish I could get away for a couple of days to claim a vacation. I need one desperately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment