Thursday, August 27, 2020

Running Them Errands in the In-Between Spaces. Home Repairs. Touch Ups. Oh, How Crandall Disgraces...

Can you guess what color we're using to stain the front porch?

None of these. Because the stain we wanted wasn't in stock, and the stain we got, which was in stock, wasn't on this chart. Par for the course, I suppose.

Also got rods for the curtains, and now need to decide on the paint. I picked out a couple of ceiling fans, too, and already think we know what furniture will go out there. Of course, they have to finish the electric still, but I'm getting anxious. I'm ready for my reading chair and my morning coffee to be transported up front.

Also got groceries, returned sink parts we didn't need, and did some shopping with Tunga - got him hiking boots for his trip to Maine for the next week, and a couple pair of pants. Also picked up a cheap pair of Adidas runners. Anything has to be better than the awfully designed pair of Sauconys I have now. I can't run or walk in them. 1st complain I've ever had with that company. Hoping they broke the mold when they designed them. They really are terrible, but when I find UGLY, loud-colored kicks for $30, it's hard for me to resist.

Likely to stain the porch today, and we'll have to decide on wall paints next. I'm thinking in the blues family, simply because it gets so much sun every day. Of course, I'm always a fan of orange, too, only because it reminds me of my grandmother Vera's kitchen.

We have the heat returning, too, after Maude gave us 24 hours of comfortable temperatures (great running weather).

And I'm getting there. I want to have POW! edited and ready by next Monday, which means I need to be in ram-mode for a few days longer. It will get done! I need the runway cleared to take off on other projects...of course, NWP just notified me that I have two weeks before for big reports are due, so I'll eventually get to the sabbatical projects. I am hopeful.

Ah, but today I'm somewhat home obsessed. I like to take things off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment