Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Yet Another Unpredictable Moment in My Life as a Dad. When THE UMBRELLA PROJECT Has a Dance Sequence & @ChitungaC Finds a New Song to Dance To

I think Chitunga and I were both remarkably surprised by how good THE UMBRELLA PROJECT is on Netflix. Uncle Mike suggested it and we gave it a try last night. After episode one, I said, "Well, what did you think?" in which Chitunga said, "I think we need to watch the next episode."

First of all, the writing and narration of this series are remarkable. I'm mesmerized by the story, the imagination, the characters, and the quirkiness of the entire show. That is probably why when they broke out dancing to Debbie Gibson, I could only laugh, channeling my 9th and 10th grade friends who used to jam to this, too. It makes sense, since that is the age of the kids in the home.

Phew. To have those superpowers. I wish I wrote a plot line like this.

So, as Chitunga and I went to hit golf balls (not me, really, him), he announces, "I've been listening to Debbie Gibson all day. I'm addicted."

Please don't let Boy George know. I think he'd be crushed to know that he is being off-sided like Tracy Chapman was.

Where does one get a kid who loves 80s pop music? Well, I got one.

I was also impressed they played some They Might Be Giants, although I didn't get into them until the 90s. I need to do research to see if they in bars around the time Debbie Gibson was in malls.

Anyway. Big fan here. Just watch the scene from the show. It was such a funny, brilliant moment and I hope the writers keep doing stuff like that to appeal to we Gen-Xers. So awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment