Tuesday, August 18, 2020

These Days, It's the Smallest Things We Must Celebrate. Crandall Boiled His First Egg Ever. Actually Two. He Is Proud

I'm not anti-gametes, and I have no problem with Humpty Dumpty. I bake with them often, and even scramble them from time to time. But I  readily admit here that last night I successfully boiled my first two eggs.

Yep. Cracked the shells, peeled them, and everything. The whole shebang. And, it is true. Edem taught me how a few weeks ago (boiled eggs are Togo-lese thing), but I still had to look it up for reference. I just didn't know how long to keep the ovals in the water.

Why am I boiling eggs, you ask?

Good question. I wanted potato salad, and since my last (and first attempt) was so good, I thought I'd try my luck again. This time, I even gave in and added a chopped up dill pickle for spunk.

No raisins. Who puts raisins in potato salad?

And I was successful. We had pulled pork, coleslaw, and potato salad. All the fruit is cut up for the week, as well. Whenever I make a good meal like this, I want to run around like my father used to and feed the world. "Yo, try this." "Hey, want a bite." "I can't help but share this with you."

Boiling an egg was not that difficult. It's not Emmy- or an Oscar-worthy , but I'm giving myself a blue-ribbon for a nice job, well done.

Applause. Applause.

All for me.

(I bow proudly)

No comments:

Post a Comment