Sunday, August 2, 2020

Stretched through a Saturday with No Laptop Time; Instead, Chores, Beaches, and House Repairs

With lousy sleep Friday night, into Saturday, I wasn't optimistic about how the day would go. It began with a funeral ceremony for my dear friend Shirley's father and brother-in-law....one where Chitunga and I socially distanced in our pew and sent our love to the family in grieving. This is not a fun time to lose people, especially two at once. A lot of heavy thinking for us, for sure.

At home, I made a grandiose breakfast, which followed by a rampage through bathrooms to clean grout and to re-caulk tubs, while Chitunga headed outside to take care of the fence that needed mending, before we both tried to tackle the squeaky kitchen floors.

By the evening, we both knew we wanted beer, a fire, and perhaps a little beach time, which we succeeded with two of the the three (no fire). The moon will be full on Monday, but we went to Walnut Beach to see the almost-full moon rise because we had the time. We ended up watching Hamilton, which was a first for him and a 2nd time for me (even better the 2nd time).

I needed such a day. I have to appreciate that Chitunga gets going on his idea of a home-repair, and I have to leave my computer to help him (we re-fenced, poured concrete, and landscaped). A few trips to Home Depot and all was well.

It was a beautiful evening, moon-rise, sunset, drinks, and finale with Lin Manuel's music once again. And it is wonderful to see the beaches so quiet and spacious.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment