Thursday, May 14, 2020

I Can Get Used To This - Making This Epidemic Networking & Collaboration a Routine Thing. It's Working.

I've Always Wanted A Cat. I Can't Breathe with them around, but I've Always Wanted A Cat. I imagine this is how my neighbors see me when I pop my head from under the curtains from time to time to see if the sun is out or if it's raining.

That's a lie. I open every shade in my house because I love natural light. And I'm a curious person. I'm always fully exposed at my windows (well, not like that, except when I get out of the shower).

But I can say it is strange doing everything from home; I can also say that I'm accomplishing a lot more, especially with writing projects, national networking, and making things happen. I believe this is because many like-minded people are seeing the possibilities for content that teachers, parents, young people, and families need right now. And we are setting out to make it as soon as we can.

I wake up at 7 a.m. and then go face-to-face from my desk at home with editors, writers, teachers, collaborators, and techies that are making it all possible - each day a little more excitement (and much more to be revealed - this hint for my mother...your YA boyfriend is around the corner as one of the interviewees).

I'm also getting used to breakfast, lunch, and dinner from my desk, simply because I can work through them, now that I've set up a pretty swank office space with split screens....

...and today, my digital toys arrive (and a new book - woot woot).

This is all in preparation for this summer and the year to come!

Meow. It's the purrrrfect time - or should I simply say, "It's the Write Time."

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment