Friday, May 15, 2020

Thieving as any Baked-Good Gremlin Does & Sending the Recipe to They Who Are on a Baking Marathon

It was a matter of seconds. Alice in the Knobs of Indiana posted her cake on Facebook and within a minute I found the recipe online and sent to Kaitlyn and Pam with a text, "Free socially-distanced visit from Bryan to the first person who bakes this cake."

I was joking. I did not know that Pam had the ingredients and would get on it in a matter of seconds. Watching the rolled dough before the oven, then after the oven, then smattered with cream made me break away from ZOOM at around 5 p.m. to get groceries, stop by for a chunk of the cake (which I ate fiendishly) and return home to make Edem and Chitunga dinner (with their own slices of cake).

This can not be a habit. I only do Cinnabon like once every two years when I see one in an airport. Occasionally, I might do a Pillsbury run on a Sunday, but I know myself: cinnamon, sugar, and dough can't be around me. I have no ability to stop myself.

So, this morning I am thankful to Alice for posting, the Internet for making everything searchable, and easy to nab, and Pam for "rising" to the occasion. If I had a fork and no one was there to stop me, I could eat the whole thing. I would get sick and regret it, but know I have no self-control. It's why things like this don't enter my house.

I know I just said this, but TGIF once again - 8 a.m ZOOM, 9 a.m. ZOOM, and 8 p.m. ZOOM. The rest of the day has holes in it to fill with writing projects I need to get on top of.

Rumor is it will break 80 degrees today and I planned to mow the lawn, but Edem decided he wanted to last night...

...in the dark...

...when he couldn't see.

I have no idea what we'll wake up to. Actually, I do. I'm having another slice of this bad boy with my coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment