Thursday, May 28, 2020

Sometimes, I Feel Like a Total Blockhead, especially At Night When My Brain Says, "You Can't Keep This Pace."

This is live footage of me waking up every morning. Actually, it is live footage of me at my computer every day as it all blurs in quarantined Ground Hog's Day.

Rollin...Rollin...Rollin...
Keep them Doggies Rollin...
Rollin...Rollin...Rollin,
Rawhide.

I know it is only Thursday, but it feels like Friday, and I need my weekends to catch up on all the things that don't get done during the week. Thankful for the three days of rain again. The temptation to run further, walk more, and plant my brains out will disappear for a few.

Phew. Boing. Boing. Boing.

Kaitlyn and I made a pact to read a chapter each day of The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins for the next 30 days, but I can already tell that neither of us will be able to maintain that. From day one, the first chapter, I already know I'm ready to bing read it in one sitting as soon as I can. I didn't like Mockingjay like I liked The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, simply because the death and carnage went bonkers in the last book. I am hoping, however, that the tale of Cornelius Snow will be calmer (although I have already heard it will not be).

Here we go, Thursday. Crazy to think this time next week I'll be finished with the first week of June classes. The blockheads above will only be fragments at that point.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment