Wednesday, November 25, 2020

And This Is Where My Brain Is This Holiday Week. I Think I Am Adjusting. I Am Seeing Spots, Though. All of This is New

I woke up this morning to post, and realized yesterday's post was actually posted a week ago. I said to myself, "Well, that is just where you are post-NCTE and post-ALAN. It's been a busy few days and you're not sure which way is up or which way is down.

Am I seeing spots? dots? Or is this all an illusion?

I decided that today is going to be spent cleaning, prepping food, and celebrating Chitunga (who gave himself a retreat for the night in Mystic, Connecticut). I know I will get online, because I have to, but I'm hoping it isn't the 14-hour days this past week has been. It's been a lot (although I love it). I used my large screen tv as an alternative screen and my brain is a little buggy from it all (albeit satisfied). 

I am simply looking forward to ice-cream cake, the vacuum cleaner, putting items that are stacked everywhere away, and going for a long, long walk with Glamis. 

The walks are what I live for. And I'm looking forward to Vietnamese food tonight. 

Short post today, but it's been one of those crazy periods, and I want to limit how much I'm looking at a screen today. I hope you are doing the same. In the mean time, I'm celebrating this kid...well, young man. He's focused, determined, mature, intellectual, and kind. I've been a lucky man for a long time.



No comments:

Post a Comment