Monday, November 2, 2020

Because I Was Up Working & Missed the Dry Part of the Day, This Face Dragged Me Out in the Rain (If I Get Sick, I Blame Her)

I was downstairs, working on the porch for a couple of hours when I looked at the time and thought, "Oh, crap. I forgot about Day Light Savings Time," and definitely thought I slept in. Nope. I saw Chitunga go out for a walk, and I continued to work, revving up for either a ten-miler, or....

...that look. Or, I'd take the dog for her walk, but a longer one than usual. As soon as I made the decision that I didn't want her staring at me any longer, the clouds opened up. I saw people on the streets running in every direction and looked at the weather forecast to see the day was going to be an absolute bust. Even at 10 p.m. last night it was raining. Still, I waited for a slow down, the drizzling sort, put on a rain coat, and off we went. My feet were drenched. Alas, I was glad I did go for a long walk just to say I didn't sit on my ass all day. 

Actually, I pre-hibernated, getting ready for the inevitable hunkering down. I rearranged furniture, cleaned, caught up on weeks of laundry, and since my rain jacket was already soaked, also went to the back porch to barbecue some chicken, figuring those days are numbered, too (Um, Crandall. It was in the 50s and pouring rain...numbered?). 

I also hit submit on two projects (risks, actually, that I thought, What the hell?) and settled into an evening of reading and staring into space - with The Mandalorian calling my name. 

Tonight, I record for NCTE and this week, I look forward to the warmer temperatures and sunnier skies predicted. 

Here's to every one's souls this week. I think we're all going to need the push. 

No comments:

Post a Comment