Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Turkeys, Days Off, Potential Shopping, Naps, Football Games, Social-Distanced Gathering and Family Chaos (I Mean Love)

I spent a portion yesterday celebrating Chitunga's birthday (horseradish baked salmon and carrots at Knapp's Landing. Phew). That was delicious and you needn't know what I spent on his birthday dinner - it's been ages since I've been out. We did it up fancy.

I also prepped today's turkey, potatoes, carrots, beans, cauliflower, and Brussel sprouts and I know I'm making food for 15 people, but that is what I'm used to doing. It will likely just be him and me, but we'll adapt. I can bring food to anyone who is hungry and without family. We've got wheels, too, and many means out of all to come. 

Perhaps the best part of the evening was listening to Chitunga talk last night to Nikki, Casey and the boys, Dylan, and Patrick (buzzed and chatty). It was pretty funny, and I know I'm groggy this morning. I can only imagine how he is going to be.

Connecticut is a down pour, and I guess if Macey's is having a parade, it will be a wet one. What a lousy, horrible day for floating balloons.

But, it will be a great day for food and whatever company you were able to scrounge up. Be safe.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

1 comment: