Sunday, November 22, 2020

Truth: If Dad's Going to Be Interacting with @NCTE @WritingProject All Day, Then I'm Making a Nest & Dozing All Day

Actually, that's a lie. She got two long walks in on Saturday because we had abnormally warm weather, which was perfect for being outside. I looked for moments in my schedule to get fresh air, and she put in several miles. She was also glad that I went to BJs and stocked up on more dog food. She was less pleased that Chitunga was gone all day taking part of his CPA exams, and that the pizza he supplied at night was not shared with her.

Alas, this is the life of Glamis the Wonder Dog. It's a rough one. No papers to grade, no ZOOM calls, no bills to pay, no vacuuming. No laundry. Nope. I pay the mortgage so she has full reign of every room to sleep and shed. Occasionally, I get her turd nuggets or vomit. Such is the beautiful life of dogs in paradise. Yet, she keeps us sane, centered, entertained, and loved. Still a man's best friend (and I wish that I got the photo of her climbing atop of Chitunga last night as we watched the Mandalorian. He made a barricade so she wouldn't climb on him, and she weasled her way through his wall of obstacles and still laid her head on his heart. Then she fell asleep).It was more beautiful than the baby Yoda - the Child.

This morning, I'm ready for several breakfasts and brunches, and then I need to think critically about ALAN, which I've never attended. You can imagine my excitement when I learned that Ann Burg was a featured writer for her new poetic narrative Flooded (more on that later). Seriously,  I'm simply excited to learn as much from the writers as I can. I think I have a secret plot for my note-taking ahead. I have an idea brewing.

Happy Sunday.

Oh, snap. Jason Reynolds in ten minutes. And don't judge me for eating so many maple-glazed donuts this morning. I had The Book of Mormon running through my head all night long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment