Saturday, November 7, 2020

Probably the Last of the Season, But Took Off a Friday Night to Stare in the Pit and Mellow Out a Bit

Not thinking this will be a long post simply because I'm tired. I know today, however, is the last day of the Vicki Soto 5K virtual week, and although I've been running every day in celebration of teaching, today we are walking as a team. Not sure how far we will go, what direction, or where we'll end up, but do know we will congregate as promised. 

Last night, I prepped the last of the fire wood for the fire pit and made an evening out of a couple of pale ales, staring into flames, and chilling out. We've had such cold and rainy days, so this warm weather, sunshine bit has been a blessing (creating a little of that spring fever feeling)(knowing full well I'm in a pipe dream - I know what is coming).

Grilled steak, made some pasta, got groceries, ran, walked at Walnut Beach. Not bad for a Friday, especially as I hit submit at noon and wanted to let my mind go for a while.

If it is nice where you are today, I recommend you go for a walk and/or jog and/or bike ride, in memory of Vicki Soto, one of the teachers who lost her life at Sandy Hook. Every year, the race reminds me of the worst humanity can be, but also about the resilience and greatness some people can make out of tragedy. 

I much prefer the good over the bad. We still have so much more we need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment