Monday, March 9, 2020

Grateful to Return Home for a 24-Hour Surprise...Makes for a Wonderful Sunday Evening and Monday Morning

We were outta Texas by 9 a.m., with an early wake-up call, an Uber, a quick cup of coffee, and security. We quickly flew to St. Louis, transferred flights, then headed to Laguardia, before Edem picked us up for the ride back to CT. As soon as the wheels hit the tarmac in NY, I texted Chitunga to say, "I'll call you tonight," in which he replied, "Or you can simply walk upstairs."

That's when Edem told me Chitunga came home on Saturday, after spending Friday in Clay for my father's birthday. We went out to dinner, stopped to see Jake and Pam, then came home so he could do my taxes (which he's really good at).

He does, however, have to return to Syracuse for his internship, but needed to get out of the region for while (I know how that is). It was 36 hours of Mt. Pleasant to refuel for the last two and a half months before the May graduation.

I love that he was here, but always HATE he must return. He, like me, is on Spring Break, so he has some flex time with his brain. I have to head back to work, though, because I don't necessarily get the breaks like my colleagues. I have PD to do this week, as well as budgeting, and summer planning (and I really should clean my office - it's ridiculous).

Meanwhile, I have stacks of books from the North Texas Teen Book Festival to hit, and a 1,000 new connections I want to make as a result of meeting so many writers.

70-degree day in March. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment