Friday, March 13, 2020

When Glamis's Best Human Friend Comes For Dinner, It's All Play, Snacks, & Then Cuddle Time in Front of a Screen

It doesn't happen as often as it should, but Ishmael came over to play with Glamis last night, and to celebrate both his mom and dad's birthday (one 42, the other 50).

I missed Dave's surprise party, so I told Kris we'd make up for it during spring break. I simply made the Thai Mango Chicken, rice, vegetables, and my KY cake and we made a night of it with their boys. I think we feasted like kings with the birthday Queen. I also know that I ate a little too much.

Meanwhile, Ish and Glam(ish) were in their glory. They played, fed one another, ran, laid under tables, then cuddled on the couch to watch Michael Jackson videos. When Ish got up to do something else, Glam(ish) simply whined. She did this cry until Ish climbed back on top of her.

Kris reported earlier this week that Ish wanted to know when they were going to go play at Glamis's house. It used to be Crandalls, but it has morphed to the house of Glamis. This, of course, was a 2 a.m. emergency when he was thinking about it in his sleep. He just needed to know.

It is official, now, too - pretty much everything school-related is closed for two+ weeks. I spent the majority of the day in emergency meetings getting trained on how to assist colleague as they move online to keep the semester going. I've been doing this for several years now, so it will be interesting to help out friends in other disciplines (although a bit strange). We shall see how this works!

We were told to remember that as chaotic as it is to us, it will be equally chaotic for the students. These are trying times and it is all unprecedented. We simply want safety for all.

But, phew, do I feel horrible for all involved in basketball tournaments, especially March Madness. I really wish they would simply hold out to a May tournament and call it the May Madness of 2020. I really want them to have a go at it....and I live for this month.

I'm also thinking we've been blessed that at least for 48 years, there hasn't been anything like this (well, maybe Chickenpox scares as a kid). This thing moves so secretively and fast.

Here's to all in the medical field ready to take on what is to come. It should have been prevented, and I'm hoping sense returns once again to the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment