Saturday, March 7, 2020

North Texas Teen Book Festival, Day One, a Success (Go, Teachers, Go). Today, the Kids. But I'm Off-Duty

We owe much to Rose Brock, not only for editing the Nope Nation collection, but for inviting our expertise to her festival in northern Texas. We presented early yesterday morning an dour 45-minutes went exceptionally well, with wonderful feedback and conversations to follow. We then had the privilege of experiencing several author panels and speakers.

It was an absolutely amazing day, and I have to pinch myself that my luck is as it is.

Today, my goal is to spend time with Mustapha who is living in Texas and driving to Dallas to see me. We'll do some of the book festival, and hopefully experience other parts of the city, too. It's been too long! I'm also hoping to catch Nic Stone in action and to meet John Green and others who I've read, but never been introduced to.

I know these posts are short and skeletal, but I truly am fried. I need to regroup my brain as I absorb the privileges I have to be surrounded by such amazing individuals on a regular basis. It truly is remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment