Monday, March 2, 2020

Well, Looking Forward To Seeing What Come of Alumni Hall. Proud to Celebrate Aidas, Vincent, & Landon's Senior Day

I took a break from grading and working, to see the Fairfield Stags seniors play in Alumni Hall for the last time. Actually, the stadium is going through some transitions, too, and when we enter again, it will be a new look for campus and for the athletic teams that use it.

Yesterday, however, I promised Aidas I'd be there to see him celebrated, and I was lucky to applaud Vincent and Landon, too. Aidas traveled with Hoops4Hope a couple of summers ago to do work with my cousin's organization. The University did a great story about him in their magazine, and since he returned we've bonded and kept our minds in proximity. Well, that means I have him over from time to time for steaks (which he can eat in a very few bites)(lots of them)(and some more).

It's like teaching high school. The kids come, do their time, and then disappear. We, the adults, stay, hoping we offered them the goods they need to be successful upon their departure.
It is sad to see them go. It always is.

But we were there. We did our own departures. That's just the way it all goes.

Now, the Stags have the MAAC tournament and I wish them the best, as I do all the teams I cheer for from home and the stands.

Here's to the weekend ahead, Monday. You've got a rough couple of days ahead, Crandall, but you'll get through it. You took advantage of the weekend hours to get ahead, and hopefully it will pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment