Saturday, January 25, 2020

Checking Off This Saturday As a Bust - Using It To Catch Up and to Get Ahead

I'm checking this off even before I begin my day. It's supposed to rain all day and I can't wait to simply sit back and read all I need to in order to catch up. I'm actually looking forward to being trapped inside for a day, under a blanket, with a pile of books.

Saturday, check.

I'm not sure what happened to my Friday other than I was on campus by 7:30 a.m. and left by 3 p.m..

I came home to run and said, "No way am I cooking."

So, I didn't.

I went to Dave and Kris's for dinner, but then agreed I'd bring McCain's smiley face fries. Dave made parsnips and Brussel sprouts. So, so good. He also grilled outside and I thought, "Phew. It's sinful to eat this well on a Friday."

But it's Saturday. And I honestly am too brain-dead to have any expectations. Maybe college basketball, snacks, and catching up on school work. I know, I simply need a day where I can do the work that needs to be done, at a pace that is slower, in a space where no one bothers me.

Here's to letting it begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment