Saturday, January 11, 2020

The Shoe Game of Professionals (Actually, the Shoe Game and the Sock Game). Let The Weekend Be Kind

It's the little things in life. My colleague had on leopard print shoes and I happened to be wearing my zebra stripes. She was like, "You want a photo of what?" and I'm like, "The foot game of course. I need to document for my own sanity."

As my days go forth, I'm always thinking about something that might catch my attention so I have something to pontificate later one. My life has been extremely eventful the last 7 days, but 100% not eventful enough for sharing, so I've had to use my ingenuity to get through the week to offer a daily reflection.

I think I've done very well.

It is Saturday morning. We are experiencing unusually high temperatures and my entire goal is to breathe outside, get fresh air and to write conference proposals, a book chapter and syllabi.

It's okay, Bry. You're actually working forward to getting back to the pace set by you and the responsibilities you carry on your shoulder.

I also need to break from Sodexo food, especially the cookies that I have no will-power to resist. And because others do, I am constantly lured towards them because I don't want them to go to waste.

I know there are self-help groups for this.

Okay, Saturday. Be good to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment