Saturday, January 18, 2020

The CT Panic Began Yesterday - Snowmageddon of 2-5 Inches. I'm Simply Looking for The Beauty of It Falling

Chitunga's car had a recall so he drove all the way from Syracuse for it (he also had an eye appointment) (actually, when he got the Subaru, they told him, "Tunga, you had this recall fixed last summer." He was like, "My bad." - He later told me that everyone at Subaru laughed at his Imprezza because it was carrying thick patches of blocked salt underneath. He simply told him, "I am living in Syracuse. What else do you expect?"

Anyway, he is home, and he brought 1/100th of CNY winter with him. We are expecting to 2-5 inches, but the way the weather reporters are playing it up, you'd think it was 42 inches. Everyone is worried about driving this way or getting groceries that way. I'm thinking, just turn off the news. If you don't watch them rambling, you can be pleasantly surprised or disappointed. Most of the time, we shake our heads wondering, "What was that all about?"

I will say, if it snows, I have a pile of work I'm going to do with no rush to leave my house. I will also say that unlike most of the universe, I didn't stock up at Big Y last night. If it does snow, it will begin around 1 pm tomorrow, so I have the morning to get food for the boys should we get trapped inside.

And, if it does snow (and does stick), I'm going to once again crave getting cross country skis. I simply love running outdoors, and although I should head inside to the gym, I crave the oxygen that comes from being NOT IN a man-made building .

We shall see. In time, in time.

Here's to the storm or dusting or the end of the world, which ever you have. I am hoping you survive with warm bread, good booze, and perhaps a cup of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment