Thursday, July 30, 2020

Because When I Was 18, I Always Pictured Myself to Be a Washed-up, Graying 80s Rock Star

Covid-Head #4532.234 - this was taken yesterday off camera after I took off a headband, and took my hair out of its man-bun, realizing I'm much more gray on top than I realized. My facial hair, as well as my sideburns are almost totally white, but I now can see them creeping into the top of my head, too.

It's all happening so fast. It's hilarious actually. Aging from inside my bedroom which is my kitchen table, office, reading room, and now central command.

Look at this aging ol' fart.

It's Thursday. Yesterday was miraculous, and I expect more of the same today as more kids start to finalize their work. We say it every year, but the summer writers that come to us get better and better every year. It's so much fun.

I'm also thinking it is time for new readers, as I live in my glasses now for the up-close vision need.

But this hair style...I just want to jam out with my brother-in-law Mike, head-banging into the nursing homes of our future. My ol' student died her hair a dark purple with all the colors of the rainbows underneath to bring her color and joy from the darkness upon us. I'm wondering if I might do the same.

It feels like a Friday, but it's not quite that yet. I really could use 48 hours of sleep. It's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment