Sunday, July 12, 2020

Well, I Was Able to Hold Off For a Week. Caught Up with Friends This Week. Now Have Visuals for the Music

I've read the controversies (there are always controversies) and I get the controversies (because they're controversies) but after listening to the soundtrack for 4 years and finally seeing the production, I can only say that "whereas" the lyricism has always blown my brain, actually seeing how it was performed sent me to another world.

So much talent. So much brilliance. Such a story. And so well sung and acted.

I'm not going to write too much here this morning because I'm heading to my own writing projects, but I will say that the whole time I watched, I kept saying, "I wish my mom was watching this with me." Great to watch with Bev and Leo, too, who knew all the words.

Definitely worth watching again.

Up and beyond the controversies, I'm just in awe. Period. So clever. Give me a classroom full of Lin Manuel talents any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment