Saturday, July 25, 2020

Late Post This Morning, Because Last Night We Were the Envy of the Angels

Just as we ended the last minutes of Project Citizen, I get a text from a parent whose son finished College Essay and said, "I'm dropping a gift off at your house to thank you for all you did this week for the writers."

I'm like, "Sure."

When I opened it up, I realized some people really get me. I called Dave & Kris and said, "You cook, and I'll bring my wings."

Long story short, we ate stewed chicken, a Caribbean dish, fruit salad, and rice, followed by sipping angel nectar into the night (well, Kris drank wine).

This is all to say that I didn't prepare the blog like I usually do, so had to play catch-up after my Raisin Bran and coffee.

The best bourbons are meant to sip over ice, and that's what we did, saving a taste only for Chitunga (who is camping in the Catskills today with his roommates from Syracuse). Last night was one of those evenings you could live, relive, and live once again. Always a joy to be with good company to unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment