Sunday, July 19, 2020

Well, It's Official. I Am Unlikely to Ever Lose the Frog Motif in My Life. Ribbit Ribbit

It was a small package. I imagined it would be for Chitunga because I don't have anything ordered, but when I got to the mailbox, it was for me. A small love-token from my older sister for these bizarre times we live in - a mask to match my companions, my backpacks of yesteryear, my Daemon, my spirit-animal, and the knick-knacks lying around my house.

It croaks me up, too.

Cynde said when I sent the first photograph, "You need to find a green bandana." I said I probably have one somewhere, went to the garage, got the CWP athletic bag (not like we're using anything sporty with online learning) and I found the right one.

Then I went to get groceries in my ribbeting attire. I'm sure everyone was like, "What a dork," but I shopped proudly.

I've got quite the collection now...between the ones I bought, the ones sent me, and this gift, I can definitely leave my house in Kermit-the-Frog style....although Kermie wasn't a tree frog.

And welcome back the heat, Connecticut. We always get several days that are very Kentucky-like and this weekend is hosting two of them. I mowed, ran, walked, and weed-whacked totally soaked. Also went to New Haven to socially distance burgers in the Silver's driveway, playing the first round of corn hole in a long while - that's because Abu isn't her this summer and our set is still in the shed. I was thinking, too, we should get the badminton set out. This summer is so unlike all the others.

Now I am thinking it would be really cool to have a plastic air pump to bite into that could shoot out a long tongue from my mask (sort of like a party horn). That would be really cool.

I always love random acts of kindness, so thanks, Cynderballz. Glad you didn't wait until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment