Friday, July 17, 2020

It's Friday, and We've Webbed Ourselves in Plots and Possibilities. Thankful to My Teachers

One last day of putting together final touches on those young adult novels with 30 adolescent writers before I head off to an afternoon of meetings and revisions for myself.

Yesterday, I was thankful to have one our CWP teachers, also Fairfield University's Adjunct of the Year, Colin Hosten, share some of his children't book writing, and the ways that illustrations pair with narrative arc and help a writer to build on story, elaborate, and search for additional details. He bounced well off of Justine's talk yesterday, and the mini-workshops we've held in-between.

I'm also glad to say two major projects were sent, but I didn't find time for the 3rd, because we conducted another phenomenal THE WRITE TIME episode that went after hours because the conversation was so amazing.

Yes, it's Friday. Yes, I'm thanking God. And Yes, I'm exhausted. I didn't even eat lunch or dinner until 10 pm last night - this is the pace I've been keeping.

I am, however, building hope for the weekend and some R & R time if I can make it happen. I need to catch my breath some.

Here's to the week that just was, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment