Thursday, July 9, 2020

The Debate is On. 2nd Degree Burns or Sweat Trying to Escape Browned-Skinned?

When I finished teaching yesterday, I immediately went for a long run and when I came back, I noticed all these crazy bumps on my skin. If I touched them, they would squirt water quickly. I have had this before and I have always thought it was sweat trapped under browned skin. Of course, Pam had me paranoid that it was a 2nd degree burn, but then her daughter sided with me. It was water under browned skin. My medically-inclined mother/daughter duo then began debating with websites, photographs, and doctor reports.

Sort of cool, actually.

And I post this knowing I had a 10-hour Zoom day. I did it to myself, and I should have been more strategic with how to spend a day. I am beginning to think that work is my coping strategy.

It was all good I barbecued around 3 pm so the boys had food while I went back to work, and spent the rest of the day teaching writing, coaching writing, and dealing with the craziness of the reopening of the University (which I'm not even a part of this year). Tents! TENTS! Tense!

Short post today. My brain is thinking a million and one things. And it's another day. Another million and one things are on their way. I love the kids who sign up for CWP labs. They are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment