Sunday, July 5, 2020

Success. Kayaked to Charles Island and Back, Only to Be the Tug Boat for the Party Raft Later On

I successfully took the day off; was out of my house by 9 a.m. and on the water by 9:55. I immediately set out on the kayak to make it to Charles Island, because it's been a goal of mine for three years. I did it - there and back, although coming back was not as easy because the current was beginning to pull towards low tide.

The hard work was pulling Leo, Bev, Pam, and Kaitlyn....the task that came when I returned. It's all good. I wanted the exercise, and the sun felt great. They got to chill and I got upper body exercise.

I'd say I'm a lobster, but I tan really easy, so I just got really dark. The skin absorbed a lot of sun in one day, which is what I wanted....a day at the beach and I turned red, only to turn brown.

I have to say that Milford is doing a phenomenal job keeping the crowds down, the out-of-towners off-cite, and the beach for the locals only. While I was kayaking, I couldn't believe how skimpy the crowds were (which they should be). It still feels weird to be out and about, but we sat away, and even with one another we kept out distance.

And there it is, people. All summer in a day for Crandall, because I need to get back to work. And it was wonderful on the 4th that the ocean temperatures were so cold. Loved every second of it.

But time to grind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment