Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Finished Editing, Finished Grading Late Work, Finished Painting, Got Groceries, Then Said, "Hey, I'm Wearing My New $30 Sneakers." Wusah.

After a terrible dose of Saucony's (who I am very loyal to, but needed a short break after the disaster of a last pair), I moved to a temporary fix with $30 Adidas on a clearance rack. Anything is better than the Saucony's I ordered online. These simply feel great and offer support...

...not like running in geriatric clogs....

I actually tried to get a shot of my legs which look like they were bleeding because of the Mahogany stain from the new porch, but the sneakers stood out as more exciting. Of course, when I got back to the car from getting groceries, I realized I had the stain all over my forehead, too. It was kind of like the time my mom went grocery shopping with one of those stick-on thermometers in the middle of her noggin.

And just like that it is Wednesday. I need another day of editing, another layer of polyurethane, time to read for Friday's interview, and to de-hair the house (as Glamis infiltrates every spot with her pin hairs). Even as we painted the front porch her hairs were straying and getting in the way. It's a lot.

Ah, but with new sneakers, I get new miles and that excites me. I don't know what I'd be if I didn't have my hour each day to get oxygen. So important.

But now, time to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment