Sunday, September 20, 2020

Okay, October, You Can Push Yourself Back Some and Allow September to Finish Out Its Days (Even If Fires Are Fun)

Yesterday morning was cold. Walking Glamis, I almost wish I had a knitted cap upon my head, rather than a typical baseball hat. The winds cranked down from Canada, and even if it did warm up by afternoon, that nip was memorable, and we knew the prediction for an October night was going to be reality. This clown tries not to turn on the heat until November 1st, so September 19th was a no-go. Evening fire instead. I hate the stale, indoor air of winter.

Tunga had a golf tournament, I did yard work and cleaned out my own garage (with a throwback to how accomplished we felt helping my father with his), and even had time for a beach walk with Jake, Pam, Bev, and Leo. 

Then, talking with Leo and Bev about Umbrella Academy, I came home to re-watch the last 3 episodes of season 2 just to get on top of the hints and clues that might come when they release new episodes. It makes sense that Ben's in Sparrow Academy, but I don't think that looks like him...sort of...but not close enough.

Of course, when 7 p.m. hit, I had a fire going and I think Chitunga kept it alive until past midnight. I was done by 10, knowing that there's never a better sleep than when the cold makes you roll into your covers like a cinnamon roll (speaking of, it's Sunday morning. I so wish fresh cinnamon rolls were on the agenda)

Allegedly, the temperatures will climb again this week, making us forget that October is creeping up, but we will see. Either way, I did pick up Sam Adam's Octoberfest, tasting the flavors to come. 

Does anyone know if they make an air freshener or cologne that smells like your clothes after a night by the fire? It'd be nice to have such calm to inhale at other times of the year, too. Yo! Crandall! You smell like a campfire. 

Indeed, I do. And thank you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment