Monday, September 7, 2020

Front Porch Update. Of Course I Don't Have 84 inch or 63 inch Windows. As for the Curtains...Well, I Wasted a Sunday

I spent the first part of Sunday, two hours, putting up curtain rods, forgetting how shitty the screws are that are sent with the assembly packages. Of course they all broke and stripped, so I got better screws and that task became easier.

A tad obsessed about finishing my part of the project, I went to find curtains, and found the perfect ones - a sheer gray with a nice pattern in them. They were 63 inches. That length of course, didn't quite cover the entire window. The 84 inches draped on the floor. So, I went online and found that several shops do sell 72 inch curtains, but of course not a single store in my area had them. I will have to order online (which I don't like because you don't know what you're actually getting) or go with the 84 inch ones and have Stefanie, the 92 year-old woman from Poland who lives next door, hem them 10 inches.

She said she would. 

Want to know why? Because Glamis the Wonder-dog ran to her house after we walked and I took off her leash. Stephanie had the front door open and Glamis noticed  as we maneuvered around the corner. She darted over there, and I ran after her, but it was too late.  Glamis was inside and Stefanie already had a plate of ham and salmon for her. The dog feasted.

Argh. I didn't get beach time, kayak time, cleaning time, or cooking time. I was curtain-obsessed and I failed.

On a better note, I walked Glamis in the morning for 4 miles and then did the same at night. So that was a highlight. I'm not ready to give up running, but I know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, and no when to run.

I walked yesterday. No running for this aging fart.

Today, I kayak.

No comments:

Post a Comment