Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Labored Little, Chilled Much, Got My Feet in the Sand, and Felt Thankful for It

Perhaps it is the times, but the thought of closing up indoors again is non-appealing, so these perfect beach days are too hard to pass up. It's more fun to kayak, listen to music, watch the few people allowed on the beach, and to contemplate the waves.

We lasted a long time, too...having first toes in the sand before noon and departing some time after five. There were rafts to float on, waves to jump, and sun to soak.

There was also leftover food and snacks to eat. Can't complain there.

As Beverly said, "We have to take in these days as much as we can because they mean so much more now. We have no idea what will come in the colder months. Create memories today."

We've been in a safety pod for months, being honest about who we visit, etc. in this mask-crazed world.
I preferred tequila on the beach over beer, but after kayaking for a while I needed something to quench my thirst. I said it might be a beer, but after I finished I realized it was the tequila I really needed.

Chitunga read a book, Oona's kids played with shells, and the rest of us just talked and enjoyed the nice winds, warm sun, and gorgeous day.

Fortunate for Chitunga and me, too, we were invited for a barbecue at night and I sent Tunga to the store to make/get salads. He delivered. There's nothing like a barbecue hosted by other people.

We are fortunate, too, because there's no parking at Walnut Beach except for locals, and Silver Sands is closed. The crowds are scarce and it's easy to find a space away from others.

I actually put on sun screen for a change, only because I've been getting a lot of sun over these last few gorgeous days. I know I end up browning in the end, but even so, I wanted to prevent sun burn if possible. Because the temperatures are cooler, we forget how hard the sun is actually beating down.

I'm thankful to live so close to the water and the inner-Aquarian really appreciates a beach life (who'd of thought such a life existed in Connecticut?). Mild winters, beautiful falls and springs, and scrumdiddleyumptious summers. I can't complain, especially when I take (and have) the time to enjoy it.

Very thankful for the much needed rest and relaxation this weekend. Sort of difficult to return back into work mode. I simply want to be on a float in the water chilling out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment