Saturday, September 26, 2020

Four Months Later, All the Ordered Windows are Now In. News Flash - Windows are Way Back-Ordered. But Mine Arrived

After the contractor biffed on the original bedroom windows for my room (he entered the dimensions in the opposite way), it took several more weeks to get the corrected ones, and even though I've been contacted every Monday for several weeks with, "They're coming tomorrow," they didn't arrive until this Tuesday. And yesterday, Friday, 7 a.m., the guy was here ready to go. It was chaos.

Chitunga and I were just getting up to kick off our day, I didn't have my coffee yet (I am miserable without coffee), and Edem was just coming home from his overnight shift at Amazon. 

Of course Glamis started barking. I was wiping night out of my eyes at the kitchen sink when I heard the knock at the door. Really? Antonio said, "I woke up earlier than I expected, so I thought I'd get a start on my day." 

As soon as he left, the masons came to build the front steps. The front end the house had a lot of noise, so I decided to work for 4 hours, then finish painting inside the porch. Later in the night, I even started to explore how we might use it as a reading room with the new rug and old Crandall chair. It is always nice to see summer projects come to an end, and this one was more than I bargained for, as a collapsing front porch wasn't on the agenda...only the windows. Phew. I don't like having another monthly payment coming my way.

Now, in the Spring, we will work to re-landscape the front, figuring out ways to make it look as nice as the back. We also want to paint the house (it needs it), and now Glamis's window (that's her perch and headquarters) needs to be replaced. There's only so much I can save each summer with the extra work I do, but it looks like I will take on an additional summer course next year, just to chisel away at this adult life thing aka "Jesus Christ, what do I have to pay for next?". 

Now it is the weekend, though, and I haven't a clue what I intend to do. Well, I do, I just need to be realistic with the goals I have for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment