Thursday, September 17, 2020

I've Met My Match. Okay, UMBRELLA ACADEMY, I'm an Addict. I Think The Entire Nation Heard Me Scream at the End of Season 2

 
It's official. I have an addictive personality, and Chitunga (well, Mike) got me hooked on Umbrella Academy. I've heard complaints about season 2, but I plowed through it and last night, thinking I had several episodes left, it ended up being the last episode. As the storyline unveiled itself, I was screaming, "Don't let this end! You're going to end and then I'm going to have to wait for another season."

I'm totally saturated and infused by the storyline and writing. I want more. I crave more. I can't stand the fact that it ended, and I was like, "WTF?" and left looking for season 3.

Of course, I ran upstairs to Chitunga screaming my head off (he finished much earlier than I did) and we put our heads together to plot possibilities for storylines and next steps, wondering and piecing together what we missed from Seasons 1 and 2 (and no, Mom. This isn't Days of Our Lives. This is so much more exciting and alluring - but I will give in to you an addiction for the stories....it's just that THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY is so much better).

I'm typing this while shaking my head back and forth, frustrated that I finished the two seasons and now have to wait (Do you not know how impatient this Crandall guy is? I don't get addicted to such shows, because I don't have time for them...but this one hooked me the entire way). 

Okay. I'll wait. I'll be patient. I'm in love with all the characters and love the writers behind them. There's a billion and one possibilities for where this is going, but they ended Season 2 perfectly. I bite my lip impatiently waiting for what comes next.

And I also kick myself in the arse again and again that my brain is not clever enough to imagine and create such a storyline. 

Mesmerized. That's what I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment