Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Getting Close - I Can Taste the 7th Edition of POW! and the Editing Is Almost Finished. Now, Time to Think About This Year's Cover

Syracuse colors for the win. I am thinking this will be the way we go for the 2020 Power of Words Anthology. I took a short hiatus from editing while I went to Syracuse (and a day-trip to Newport), and allowed myself the weekend to do house things, so yesterday I put my nose back to the student writing. I only have two more labs to go, and I'm hoping we can get this to the publisher sooner, rather than later. If so, I will be 5 months ahead of schedule so I can concentrate on the data analysis.

Monday. A full day of laptop focus, with two deliberate walks scheduled. Why the walks? Because I need the thinking space, fresh air, and freedom that releases me from being in my house 24/7. Chitunga and I had a talk last night about how intense this home-isolation is, because we don't have the intellectual boundaries to separate our work lives from our home lives....it's one giant blur that creates a semi-trapped feeling. We love Mt. Pleasant and one another, but no one is designed to be in such space for so long (I know why the caged bird sings). It's the new normal, however, so we have to adapt. 

Also, today Long Walk Toward the Rising Sun by Ger Duany debuts and I'm looking forward to being at his digital book launch. The National Writing Project was fortunate to get him before it launched.

I'm actually looking forward to another day of editing, however, as every page makes me feel a little more accomplished. I can multi-task, but I know I do better when one project is finished, and I can jump in head-first on the new one. I don't want the itchiness that comes from guilt that the more pressing one wasn't finished. 

Okay, Tuesday. This is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment