Monday, September 21, 2020

When You Make Breakfast For The Kid and Post Walk, You Think, "Hmmm. I Bet That Would Be a Fantastic Brunch Sandwich."

I didn't eat breakfast. Instead, I made breakfast for Chitunga and left it for him while I took Glamis for a long walk. When I returned, there was just enough to make a McCrandall which made for an awesome Sunday, post-walk sandwich. I normally don't make bacon, but bacon really does offer a nice taste to morning rituals. 

(And that is Patrick and Stefanie in the background - they are marrying next summer, so I ate with them). 

Sundays are such bitter sweet days. On one hand we love them, but on the other hand, they're the reminder that another work week is underway. No one wants those.

Monday, Schmunday. Sunday Funday. 

But I should celebrate because today is Chitunga's first day at his big boy job in Stamford, and I'm looking forward to him getting the the ritual of paychecks and workdays. He's worked hard to make it to this point, and I know he's excited to get his adult life started. In fact, I heard him get up at 7 a.m. so he could set a ritual of the gym before work - impressive. I need some of that zest sprinkled my way. I wake up and want to be grumpy for a few hours...not lift weights.

I'm still looking to get my adult life started, but I'm an adult, and childish at heart, so I'm likely to be searching for the rest of my life. 

Now, we pray or the Internet to serve both our needs (and we adapt if it is not successful). We both need the high speeds and and trust. I am hopeful. 

But that McCrandall yesterday? That was one fantastic brunch. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    วิธีแทงบอลเดี่ยว

    ReplyDelete