Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Going Through the Mid-Life Change...No, Not, Man-o-pause...The Coins All Over My Childhood Home. They're Tucked Away Everywhere.

Something told me that if I got coin rollers and started dumping the cans of nickels, dimes, quarters, and pennies, I would likely be surprised by how much was chucked away in all the storage spaces of my parent's home. I was right. It took me a morning and part of an afternoon, but I got the coins rolled and now I need to find the bank that will be willing to cash in all that I bring to them. I am thinking I might need to borrow the bed of my brother-in-law's truck to carry all the change  to the bank, but suddenly 5388 feels a little lighter (and a bit wealthier).

I'm also celebrating the fact that last night's dinner was a success, although both parental units ate slow and chewed like they were disgusted by what they were tasting. Turns out, they were savoring the flavors and enjoying every moment of the restaurant-like flavors. They simply didn't want to rush through the experience. They were savoring them. And they ate hefty: pulled chicken, sautéed green beans, cranberries, and pine nuts, home-made coleslaw, and pirogies. 

I had to run from the dinner table, though. Another recording of The Write Time was on deck, and more laundry needed to be put into the dryer. 

Today, however, I need to write. I'm close to a finished product, but need to tune the content (for a couple of days. I'm never satisfied). And Lamar Giles has me thinking about all the short stories I wrote for high school students in Kentucky. I want to revisit them. Not yet. I have this week's writing project to get through first.

Okay, I believe it is another hump day, which will inevitably lead to another hump day. It's all good. Today,  was extremely calm...smooth sailing, actually (Phew). 

And we have leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment